- Permit Information
- Transportation Permits
March 1st, 2019 the Monroe County Road Commission began using Oxcart Permit Systems to process transportation permits online. Transportation permits will no longer be processed in person.
Applications for an overweight or oversize permit must be submitted through Oxcart. Registration is easy and can be completed on the Oxcart website under the Trucking login/sign-up page.
Services & Benefits
- Once registered, companies will benefit from the following services provided by Oxcart:
- Access a simple to use online interface for requesting local permits.
- Paperless permits downloadable to your computer or any mobile device.
- Elimination of tedious paper processing, emailing, and scanning.
- Faster permit approvals.
- An online, interactive mapping solution to assist in route selection.
- Online permit approvals sent directly to your email inbox.
- An easy online payment system
In addition to the Monroe County Road Commission permitting fee (applicable fees are outlined in the MCRC Fee Schedule (PDF)) Oxcart will require a nominal processing fee for the services, along with a credit card fee, for each transportation permit. Credit cards accepted an applicable fees are listed below:
- American Express and Diner's Club
- 2.9% of total permit and processing fee combined.
- Plus a $0.30 transaction fee for all transportation permits.
Please feel free to contact the Road Commission if you have any questions or need assistance creating an Oxcart Account.
Executive Order 2020-12
In an effort to comply with Executive Order 2020-12 issued by Governor Gretchen Whitmer this week, the Monroe County Road Commission will be authorizing exemptions for vehicles transporting vital supplies for relief efforts related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Item 7 of Cab Cards issued by the Monroe County Road Commission states as follows:
"The movement of vehicle and load upon any highway shall be during daylight hours only. Permits are not valid on Saturdays after 12 Noon, on Sundays, or during a period beginning at 12 Noon the day preceding and continuing until 12 Noon of the day following every legal holiday."
Any vehicle with a current Cab Card issued by the Monroe County Road Commission that is transporting COVID-19 relief supplies will be considered exempt from these time restrictions. We will be issuing exemption letters to companies that request them.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Permits Department at 734-240-5132 with any questions regarding this matter.