March 1st, 2019 the Monroe County Road Commission began using Oxcart Permit Systems to process transportation permits online. Transportation permits will no longer be processed in person.
Applications for an overweight or oversize permit must be submitted through Oxcart. Registration is easy and can be completed on the Oxcart website under the Trucking login/sign-up page.
Services & Benefits
- Once registered, companies will benefit from the following services provided by Oxcart:
- Access a simple to use online interface for requesting local permits.
- Paperless permits downloadable to your computer or any mobile device.
- Elimination of tedious paper processing, emailing, and scanning.
- Faster permit approvals.
- An online, interactive mapping solution to assist in route selection.
- Online permit approvals sent directly to your email inbox.
- An easy online payment system
In addition to the Monroe County Road Commission permitting fee (applicable fees are outlined in the MCRC Fee Schedule (PDF)) Oxcart will require a nominal processing fee for the services, along with a credit card fee, for each transportation permit. Credit cards accepted an applicable fees are listed below:
- American Express and Diner's Club
- 2.9% of total permit and processing fee combined.
- Plus a $0.30 transaction fee for all transportation permits.
Please feel free to contact the Road Commission if you have any questions or need assistance creating an Oxcart Account.