Utility Permits

A permit is required from the MCRC Engineering Department for all work being conducted within the road right-of-way, whether being performed by a contractor or property owner.

Any work proposed to take place within the MCRC right-of-way relating to commercial site plans, subdivisions, private roads, sanitary and water main extensions, service drives, and road extensions, an engineering review is required. 

  • A transmittal letter, review deposit (Per the MCRC Fee Schedule), and one (1) paper set of plans and an electronic set in PDF format shall be submitted to the MCRC. 
  • A review deposit may not be required for sanitary sewer, water main, or other projects performed by townships and government agencies, however a transmittal letter and detailed plans must be submitted. 
  • Submittals shall be sent to the attention of the MCRC Engineering Department at Permits@mcrc-mi.org.

Permits regarding utility projects other than sanitary sewer, storm sewer, or water main construction shall be submitted to the MCRC Engineering Department with the required MCRC Utility Application Form and plan sets for review. These may be submitted in person or by email to Permits@mcrc-mi.org.

Prior to issuance of a permit for work within the MCRC right-of-way, proper insurance requirements, bonds, easements, covenants (if necessary), and fees are required. Applicable fees are outlined in the MCRC Fee Schedule (PDF).

Payment Information

  • Online Payment
  • Transaction: Type Service Charge
  • Credit Card: 3% with a $2 minimum
  • Electronic Check: $3 up to $10,000 and $10 over $10,000

For more information payments, check out the Permit Information page.

For further information, please contact the MCRC Permits Department at 734-240-5132.